Thursday, March 11, 2004

work shmerk

Can I just say that I hate work right now? I don’t mean to be a gripe – I’m really a happy, well-adjusted person – but I just can’t take this anymore.

One of my bosses is a micromanaging, condescending meanine. I have been told in the past that I can’t use sticky notes (too unprofessional; yet, we have no voicemail system for the office – I’ll let you be the judge of that one), that I have to write phone messages in the little carbon message book and then put them in an exact spot on his desk, and various other micromanagy things.

Well, this is the last straw. He just told me I have to use the stupid, confusing, illogically designed database program for all of my tasks and calendar functions. I have been using Outlook, which I love, and he said I couldn’t use it anymore. I came thisclose to losing it. I did make a comment about how I hate the database program, and he gave me some crap about how no one really likes it but we all have to use it anyway. ARGH! As one friend put it, I should be able to make my own systems of working so that I will be more successful and efficient at my job. Well said.
I am starting to look for a new job – today.

There were so many other things I was going to write about today, but this superseded them. Maybe I’ll write more later about more interesting and less gripey things.

No comments: