Wednesday, July 14, 2004

"due to unusually high call volumes, your call cannot be completed at this time"

I hate, hate HATE automated telephone systems. They piss me off to no end. I just freaking wanted to TALK to someone! I mean for Pete's sake, how hard is it? I don't want "Julie," your automated telephone system attendant, I want a live person. I need human interaction and understanding, not some annoying, overly-happy, disembodied voice.

On that note, I just spent almost 20 minutes on Northwest Airlines' automated system, trying to talk with an agent about how my stepbrother's flight is cancelled and he's stuck in Minneapolis. No luck. So, Jason, who's never flown alone before, is marooned in the Minneapolis airport, and you can't help me?! Argh.

Oh well. It appears he got in touch with my dad, and they're working it out...but from what I can tell, every other flight into Portland, Maine has been cancelled tonight. So he may not be able to get in until tomorrow, and I think the earliest he can get here is 1 p.m. Sigh. It's just a lame situation, and I feel bad for him. How intimidating that must be! He's going to stay the night with friends of my dad's, whom he's never met. I would be freaked out. I will make him a peach cobbler when he gets here, to make up for all the stress!

Had dinner with Marci tonight. Went to the thai place...mmm...Massaman Curry is the best. I swear, I could eat that every single day. I'm going to miss Marci when they move. I can't believe it's next Tuesday! She's one of the only people (women) that I feel remotely close to here. So I'm really sad to see her go. And, it's nice that Brett and Caleb are good friends, too. Good couple friends are hard to come by.

Meh. This weather today makes me miss Seattle. It's all misty, soft rain...if I close my eyes, I can pretend that it's the fall, and I'm standing on Queen Anne Avenue, in front of Cafe Lladro, and pretend that I was just in Communique, and Hilltop Yarn, and now I'm getting a latte with one of my best friends. Sigh. Wish I were there.

Anyway, enough melancholy rambling. I'm done for now. Hopefully I'll hear from my dad soon, to find out what they told Jason at the airport, and when we can pick him up. I'm glad Brett took tomorrow off...otherwise we'd be up a creek without a paddle.

No comments: