Tuesday, July 06, 2004

two days in a row...a brand new record!

Well, I've done it...posting here two days in a row. Amazing. It's mind-boggling...or, it would be if anyone read this. As it is, there are no minds to boggle.
Speaking of Boggle, I bought it (sans timer) at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago, and broke it out yesterday, trying to get Brett into playing it. Yeah, not so much. It was too "illogical" and "asymetrical" for him. Hm. Yeah, sure. But here's my question -- since when has symmetry mattered to *him*? I ask you. It doesn't matter and hasn't mattered for a long time. Anyway, we played like 2 rounds and he got up, got a beer, and plopped down on the couch to watch _Barfly_, the great but depressing movie written by Charles Bukowski and starring Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway. I kept playing Boggle alone...not so fun, really, once that sense of competition is taken away.
Not much else to say. Work is sort of lame now, but that's ok. It's better than my old job, but it does suck when my co-worker is mean and condescending to me. A great example is that he told me today (as I was giving approx. 30 seconds of preface to something), "Come on! Spit it out!" Butthead. This was in a group staff meeting in front of our regional manger, too. ARGH. Why must he pick on ME? I've decided that it must be God's way of teaching me to turn the other cheek, because everything IN me wants to rip him a new one. Sigh.
I'm totally sleepy and lazy tonight. I really should clean the kitchen, hem my pants, do laundry, etc...but I just don't want to. I guess I can muster up the energy to at least do a load of laundry and wash some dishes. I'll be happier once I've done those things, I'm sure.
So, off to be wifely and domestic I go. Maybe I'll even post again tomorrow! It would be so shocking, wouldn't it?
One last question -- is asking rhetorical questions when no one's here to answer them anything like talking to myself. Yes, I think it must be.

No comments: