Sunday, August 29, 2004

working on Sunday is no fun, but at least there is air conditioning here

Well, it's still pretty humid today, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. The temperatures are a little lower, which helps...and hopefully we'll get some rain this afternoon to cool things off a little more. Though I am at work right now, which sort of sucks on the one hand, it's nice on the other because there is air conditioning here! Yahoo! And, it's a slow day, so I've got some time on my hands to get some projects here done.

I feel 1000 times better today than I did yesterday, both physically and emotionally. I had had a migraine for 3 days by yesterday afternoon, and that combined with the humidity was just too much. I couldn't handle it anymore, and just lost it -- I had an episode, I guess you'd say. In the end, though, I think the catharsis of crying was what I needed. It always makes me feel better. I know it's tough for Brett when I get all weepy; his family doesn't do a lot of crying. He always looks at me with this mixture of shock, pity, and an element of distatste...so I feel bad doing it, but I honestly can't help it sometimes. But the crying followed by a nap followed by dinner followed by chocolate ice cream followed by bed definitely helped things quite a lot.

I don't feel this way today, but lately, I have just felt really lonely here. I don't have any close girlfriends who I can just vent to or hang out with and laugh. It's not like feeling this way is anything new, but going home was really hard in some ways. It just made me realize how much I love the Northwest, and how it truly is my home, and how wonderful it is to have friends nearby, people whom I can call anytime. Oh well...two more years and I'll be home. I can handle it. And in the immediate future, Bree is coming, and Dad, Sandy, and Jason, and then Mom! So I have lots to look forward to between now and the holidays!

We're having people over for mopedding this afternoon. I don't know who all is coming, but the plan is to bbq, then ride into town to see the Gremlins outside. It's supposed to thunderstorm, though, so I don't really know about that. It's not covered, so I don't know what they'd do. They use a fancy computer projection system to play the movie, and I know they wouldn't want to get that wet, so it might be cancelled. I will do some web hunting and try to find out. Maybe there's a number I can call. The name of the organization that puts it on is totally escaping me right now...crap...what is it? It's on the tip of my tounge but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is exactly. Something like MENSA, but that's not it. But it starts with an M and has 5 letters, I think. Oh well. It'll come to me.

Ok, I should wrap this up and get some actual work done. That is why I'm here, after all.

No comments: