Sunday, January 09, 2005

Customer service?

My conversation the other day with a customer service representative at my student loan company (oh, and there was no language barrier):

Her: "Thank you for calling, can I have your account number?"
Me: "Is that the same as my social?"
Her: "You have your social?"
Me: "Yes, can I use that?"
Her: "Yes, I can use that."
Me: "Ok, it's 541-XX-XXXX."
Her: "What was that?"
Me: "541-XX-XXXX"
Her: "Did you say 642?"
Me: "NO! I said FIVE, FOUR, ONE."
Her: "Is that 631?"
Me: "Five. That's one, two, three, four, FIVE. Four. One, two, three, FOUR. ONE. FIVE FOUR ONE."
Her: "Oh, ok, 541. What are the next two numbers?"
Me: "XX."
Her: "XY?"
Me: "No!!! XX."
Her: "Ok. Can you verify your address and telephone number?"
Me: "It's XXXX."
Her: "What can I help you with today?"
Me: "I applied for consolidation of my loans about a month ago, and I'm just wondering if you've received the request for payoff amounts from the other company."
Her: "What's that?"
Me: "HAVE YOU RECIEVED A PAYOFF AMOUNT REQUEST FROM A CONSOLIDATION COMPANY?"
Her: "You want a forebearance or deferrment?"
Me: "NO!!!! Never mind. Just -- is there any way I can speak with someone who can hear me? I need help with my CONSOLIDATION"
Her: "Oh! Consolidation!! No, we haven't received anything."
Me: "How long does that take for you to process that once you do recieve it?"
Her: "We haven't recieved it."
Me: "HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE YOU?"
Her: "Oh, about 48 hours. Did you need anything else today?"
Me: "NO. Goodbye."

No comments: