Saturday, March 12, 2005

I got my touch back.

Oh, my goodness. Gnocci is one of the best things in the world.

Steve and Zac and Kahlil and Zac's brother Seth came over tonight and Steve and I made gnocci. SO FLIPPING GOOD. I am in food heaven. I made the gnocci; he made the sauce. He did a reduction with red wine, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. OH MY LORD. It was fantastic. I think it was one of the best meals I've had...ever.

So, last night sucked -- I got in a car accident on my way home from work. :( Someone rear-ended me as I was turning left onto our street. It really, really sucked. So the Blazer is now broken and I am driving a rental car. I don't know yet what the verdict is -- they won't be able to get a claims adjuster out until next week. Hopefully it won't take too long to fix.

I definitely had a headache, though -- last night and today. It's better now, but I suspect that is due in large part to the fact that I got a massage today. Mmmm. So nice. It felt so, so good. I am going to go back again.

It's totally snowy again. There is about another foot out there. I am just about ready to buy a one-way plane ticket somewhere warm. WHY OH WHY ISN'T SPRING HERE?!

Well, I think I will take a shower and get in my jammies and get ready for bed. All the guys are watching Reservoir Dogs, but I just don't feel like watching a mob sort of movie tonight. I may get in the bath and read Jane Austen. (I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice -- Mr. Darcy has just declared his love to Elizabeth and she has refused him. What a great story.)

2 comments:

rebecca said...

My Dear Kathleenie...reading about P&P makes me think back on the days when we wanted to have a Jane Austin weekend! Those were the days, weren't they? I'll be sending you a longer email soon! :) MISS YOU!!!

Rachel said...

Kathleeny! i like being able to read these. Its like talking to you i can totally hear you saying everything you have typed! Glad you are getting back into the cooking thing! my brother needs yummy foodd.... if you havent noticed hehehe... miss you! i will continue reading these and responding!