Saturday, June 04, 2005

Wheezy


chrs_wheezy
Originally uploaded by kwalker513.
In the past 18 hours or so, I have completely lost my voice. I just can't talk at all. I sound like that penguin character on Toy Story, Wheezy, or like Harvey Pekar in American Splendor, when he gets a nodule on his vocal cords. It's as though air is just barely squeezing through a tiny opening in my lungs and it's only by a great effort on my part that it's getting through at all.

Sigh. And the worst part? I am at work. Once again, I am sick on my weekend. Blech, I say! And it's beautiful out, probably about 80 degrees, and I'm missing a moped ride and I am just grumpy!! ARG!

I hope my voice gets better tonight -- otherwise, tomorrow at work is going to be miserable. I called the on-call doctor at Martin's Point (the clinic where my doctor has her office) and he basically said that things like this are viral and that I should avoid talking and drink fluids and be in a humid environment. Yeah, right. Talking is kind of an integral part of my job; it can't be avoided.

[drumroll please] In other news, after months of searching, Brett and I found a decent Mexican restaurant in Maine! We had given up all hope that we'd find one after living here for over a year and a half with no luck, but last night we went up to Brunswick and ate at Rosita's. It actually reminded us of our favorite Mexican place in Seattle, Gordito's. I had a bean tostada, and Brett had the enchilada plate. Even with chips and salsa and guacamole, it was still only about $15. My only (small) complaint is that the salsa was not very good. I think it was canned. :( Alas, you can't win 'em all, I guess. We will definitely be going there again, though.

After dinner last night, we went to Videoport (where we had a *$15.00* fine...grrrrrrrrr) and rented 2 more of the CSI DVD's, then went home and watched 2 episodes and ate ice cream. I had seen one of the episodes we watched last night, which was probably a good thing as I fell asleep while it was on.

I should get back to work...I have some people to call back but I just don't know if I have the energy to be on the phone for a long time. Sigh. I guess I should at least try.

No comments: