Sunday, November 20, 2005

close call

Brett and I have sold some stuff on ebay recently, mostly moped parts and that kind of thing. Tonight, we were packing up three things we sold so he could mail them tomorrow. I had just finished taping up the last box (which was needing a lot of tape, because it was an old box, so I'd taped every freaking seam, edge, and corner on it), when he looked up with a really strange look on his face, kind of a half smile/smirk.

Him: Uh, oh.
Me: What?
Him: Um, my wedding ring isn't on my finger anymore.
Me: You're kidding, right? It's really in your pocket, right?
Him: Uh. No. I'm not kidding.

We proceeded to tear apart our storage room upstairs, where he'd been getting boxes and packing material, and the staircase, and the landing...and we didn't find it.

We looked at each other and he said, "Well, I guess it must be in the box." By that he meant the box I'd just taped up, on every single edge.

So we had to unwrap the whole box, take out all the shredded newspaper packaging, and lo and behold, under the moped gas tank we sold, there was his wedding ring.

Whew. I'm so glad he realized it before we mailed it...or some girl in California would be getting a nice chunk of platinum in addition to the rusty old moped gas tank.

We'll be looking into getting it resized (or something) asap.

No comments: