Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's back.

The cold...is back. Blech. This is now week nine of my marathon illness. I had 4 or 5 days of bliss last week and weekend, enough to get me through my fabulous DC weekend, and now it's back with a vengeance.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Again. For the third time in almost as many weeks. She perscribed another anitbiotic and told me to stay home from work. So I called work. Yeah, that didn't go so well. They pretty much told me it was a "problem" to stay home. Well, screw that. I have 6 sick days, and I am using two of them. It doesn't change the fact that next week will be horrible, catching up, but at least I get to rest for 2 days. Or so I thought.

Because last night, after I got home from the doctor (where I've spent $60 in three weeks) and the pharmacist (where I've spent $75 in three weeks on perscriptions alone, not counting NyQuil), Dave-the-landlord was in here, making an ungodly mess in my so-called dining room. He's spackling and sanding the ceiling that has now been a mess for 40 days, since the great dining room flood of 2005. The dust from the sanding is all over my kitchen, my living room, and -- horror of horrors -- my precious KitchenAid mixer. Grrrrr....

Oh, and might I add that he's in here again right now, just after I fell asleep for the first time today, and now he wants to come in tomorrow.

I'm not sure how to type the feelings I wish to convey. Some swear words come to mind, but I already swore up the internet yesterday on the Snarkies board, (which I'm kind of ashamed of, by the way) so I've mostly got that out of my system.

Partly I want to just lose it. I've hit the wall. I want to just cry and say it's not fair and I want to be a kid for a few minutes and let someone else deal with all this crap for me. But I'm a grownup. And I guess that means I have to deal with it myself.

So I just told him he could come in from noon to 4 tomorrow. Meh. I don't want to but I really want my dining room back before Thanksgiving. I guess I can't have my cake (get a real day off to rest and be alone) and eat it too (have my dining room back before Thanksgiving).

I"m going to go take another nap now. He's gone so maybe I can sleep for a bit.

No comments: