Monday, November 21, 2005

procrastination...it's so much fun.

Oh. I am so procrastinatory tonight. (I have no idea if that's a word, but if it isn't, it should be.) Anyway.

I got home from the Westbrook council meeting at a record early time, about 8:45, all ready to write the three stories I need to take care of before I go to bed, since our deadlines are screwed up this week because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Yeah. Well, good intentions didn't get me very far. I came home, listened to Brett talk about the new computer he asked his parents to buy for us, made some dinner, listened some more, ate my dinner, listened some more, and then finally, the computer was mine.

And, fool that I am, what the hell have I done during the past hour and 15 minutes? Write my stories?

No. Of course not. First it was checking my email, and my Snarkies board, and the Moped Army board, and then looking up monitors to go with the computer Brett wants, and then looking up the iPod I want, and then looking up the Bose docking station for the iPod I want, and then going to the Seattle Times website to read about the shooting in the mall in Tacoma, and then doing a real estate search to see if there are any apartments I want to rent in the greater Seattle area (there aren't, and it's a moot point anyway since I'm 3,000 miles away), then looking up the hours of the store in Seattle where we bought our wedding rings to find out if they were open (they weren't) so I could call them about getting Brett's ring re-sized, then checking the blogs I read regularly, then linking to a blog from the comments on www.amalah.com, then reading that blog, then linking to another blog and reading all the back posts of that blog, then wanting to write on my blog...

And here I am.

I managed to (sort of) write my column in the midst of all that, although I am not happy with my column this week, but at this point, I don't really care.

I also realized that I left the notebook with the interview I need for one of my stories on my desk at work. Yeah. Not smart.

Sigh. I guess I can't win 'em all.

Also? I bonked my head TWICE today on the kyack (how the heck do you spell that anyway? I have no idea) rack on the car I'm borrowing this week, so that I have twin bruises calling even more attention to my gargantuan forehead. It looks like I'm going to sprout horns or something. Ew. I should have bought that new MAC concealer I was eyeing at the mall a few weeks ago, after all.

I know Brett is going to come in here soon and ask me if I'm almost done...so I suppose I should do some more real work. It's so much more fun to blog...

Ok, he just came in and threatened to take the ethernet cable away from me, so I had better work now.

No comments: