Saturday, December 03, 2005

the iPod has arrived...and baby cuteness

Thursday morning, at about 8:30 a.m., the FedEx guy woke me up by pounding on the door, which scared the crap out of me, but I don't really mind because he had my iPod. Which...is so cool. It even has solitare on it. Solitare! Woo! (I have no idea why that is so exciting to me, but the fact that it has solitare just blew me away.)

I started downloading my CDs onto it from my work computer, which I understand is not smart if I want to use my home computer for it, too...it's this whole thing with automatic updating and my iTunes library....I don't really understand it but I guess I don't really care because I didn't want to wait a week until our computer comes to be able to use my new toy. I'll just take the instant gratification and reap the consequences later, I suppose.

Now, the biggest challenge is finding the cover/case/tube thing I want for it. I've got it narrowed down, but am having a hard time deciding. I kind of want pink, but if Brett ever borrows it then that would look stupid, and also I am worried that pink would get dirty. So I might get electric blue (which glows in the dark!) instead.

In other news, we went to our friends' Shepard and Jamie's house last night for dinner. I grew up with Jamie in Oregon, and she moved to Maine because Shepard's family is from here.

They have two kids, Autumn, who is two, and Corbyn, who is five monts old. He? Is so. Freaking. Cute. I held him for a while last night, and gave him his bottle. He made the cutest little sounds while he was eating. And then he snuggled with me. And then Brett stole him from me because *he* wanted to hold the snuggly baby.

*whispering* Holding him? And seeing Brett hold him and read Autumn her bedtime story three times? Really made me want one.

Alas, I will just wait...which is ok, because I like sleeping in, and reading for fun, and being independent. But still. I look forward to the time when we have our own kids, who look a little like us. That will be fun.

No comments: