Friday, December 09, 2005

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

The first snowstorm of the year has begun and it is really coming down. They're calling for 6-12 inches where we live. I have to admit, my some of my snow romanticism is still present (i.e., thoughts of, "Oh! Pretty! Snow!", although I doubt much of that romanticism will be left by the end of the day today.

Driving here in the little, tiny Kia was a bit of an adventure, but I made it, even if it took me about twice as long as usual. I was late to our staff meeting and had to walk in after everyone else had started.

I'm going to make some phone calls from work this morning, and then head back up toward home as soon as I can, stopping in Westbrook on the way.

Then, tonight, we have to come back down to Biddeford for my work Christmas party, which, should be fun once we are here. Free alcohol, the rumor of Christmas bonuses, dinner, dancing, a gift exchange -- I've heard it's actually a really good party.

Even without the snow, it would have been a crazy day. With it, well, I am just playing everything by ear.

In other news, our new computer came yesterday. It's a 2GB, Mac G5. It's screaming fast. WOO-HOO!!! We set it up with minimal hassle -- I was surprised how easy it was -- and stayed up until 2 a.m. playing with it. Heh. We both had a hard time getting up this morning but that's ok. It was fun. The screen is *huge* -- it's a 20-inch cinema display (so it can play widescreen DVDs at the correct ratio). It is totally badass.

I'll post some snow photos later. Which, really, are not that exciting, but oh well. (I mean, I ask you -- how exciting can snow really be? Answer: Not very.)

I do need to make some phone calls now and get a little work done before I leave.

No comments: