Thursday, January 12, 2006

50 degrees. In Maine. In January.

Something must be off in the balance of the universe, because it's 50 degrees today. This is sooo strange for Maine in January. The average high temp in the Portland area in January is around 32 degrees. The low is 12. Two years ago, it was negative 10. And we have 50 degrees and sunny? Weird.

I'm definitely not complaining, although Brett and I were talking this morning and he said that the nice weather made him nervous, like the calm before the storm, if you will. Like maybe winter will really hit in a month or so and will last into May or June. (Perish the thought! That would be awful.)

I hope not. But whatever the reason, I'm really happy it's so nice out today.

In other news, I took the advice of a friend and tried taking Melatonin last night to help me sleep. It worked great! I fell asleep right away, and only slightly woke up when Brett came to bed later. I fell right back asleep and slept sooo soundly until 6 a.m. I was wide awake then, but fell back asleep till 9 or so.

I feel so refreshed today. I truly feel like a different person than I did yesterday; it's wonderful. I'll take it again tonight and see how it goes again. It felt so good -- and so different! -- to sleep, and to sleep soundly.

No comments: