Thursday, January 05, 2006

big fat flakes...

...of snow are falling. I love when the flakes are giant and floaty. They are probably the size of a quarter, on average, and are just really pleasant to watch out my office window.

We're not supposed to get too much so I'm glad of that -- maybe 3 inches.

Other than that, there's not much to say except that I'm looking forward to a new episode of CSI tonight. Yahoo! I hate the holiday break for TV shows. It's really irritating because I always forget about it and expect new episodes, and then am disappointed when I turn on the TV only to be confronted with an episode from earlier that season.

We don't watch TV much at our house. At most we'll watch the syndicated episodes of South Park on the WB once or twice a week, and then we watch CSI (the original Las Vegas version. My mom swears CSI Miami is good, too, but I just can't bring myself to watch it.) and Without a Trace (on right after CSI, about an FBI missing persons unit in NYC). The only other thing I watch is something of a guilty pleasure -- the Gilmore Girls, every Tuesday night. We've talked about getting rid of our TV, which is something I'd be up for doing at some point. I expect that iTunes will continue to offer more and more shows so I could just download the show and watch it on the computer. Once that happens, I will totally forego the TV. It would be a great way to not get sucked in and watch hours of crappy shows at a time. I don't expect that's too long in coming -- they add new shows all the time.

But until then, I'll enjoy our Thursday night ritual of eating ice cream (in moderate amounts for me!) and watching CSI. Yahoo!

2 comments:

Lissa325i said...

Dude, voluntarily get rid of your tv?! What human would inflict such torture on themselves? I just can't imagine...

(says the girl who lives and breathes Tivo)

;)

Kathleen said...

Yeah, I know...as weird as it sounds, we are just not tv-centric at all. We watch a lot of movies, and I watch CSI and Gilmore Girls, but that's about it.

I admit it; we are so weird.

I do have to admit, though, that when I was visiting JJ and Cammr and saw their Tivos in action, that they were pretty cool. ;)