Monday, January 09, 2006

i've been lazy lately

Sorry. I haven't posted here in a couple of days. I did very little over the weekend, other than read, go out to eat (twice! we were really living it up, I guess) and, um, that's it. It was great.

I had grandiose plans for making a big post here in response to something I read this week and it just...didn't happen. (It's cold in our computer room, and I was so warm in bed in front of the fire, reading. I didn't want to get out. So I didn't. Heh. I like being lazy.

That post will come, though. I'm still working on it. It will probably be Wednesday or Thursday, but sometime this week. I promise.

Otherwise, I went to the Westbrook inauguration tonight. Verrrry interesting. No, really, it was. I had never been to an inauguration before. The reception afterward was the best part; they were serving refreshments, including chocolate covered strawberries. MMMM!!! I was a little piggy and had two. Hee hee. Would that all council meetings included choclate covered strawberries. Alas, they do not. But a girl can dream, right? Anyway, the reception was also good because I got to talk to a whole lot of people whom I hadn't seen in a while. I got some story ideas and was able to catch up with some people I had interviewed in the past.

Not to be a total AW (attention whore) but I was really pleased by what people said about the paper and my writing. Overall it was very complimentary and that made me feel really good.

Ok, it's late and it's time for bed. If any of you think of it, send up a prayer for my mom. She went to the doctor today after feeling sick yesterday and it turns out she has pneumonia, bronchitis, and an ear infection. POOR MOM! I wish I could go to Oregon and take care of her. She's home in bed now, thankfully, and she's taking tomorrow off. But if you think of her, pray she gets better soon. She only gets three sick days per year, which is extremely stingy, if you ask me, so she's going to try to go back on Wednesday.

No comments: