Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blah-og (get it? like combining blah and blog? yeah, ok, not so much.)

I have soooo many things I want to post right now, but zero time to do it. As of right now, 8 a.m. on Wednesday, I have already worked roughly 31 hours this week. In two days. AUGH. And I'll probably work another, oh, six or seven hours today, which will bring the total somewhere in the realm of 40 hours in three days.

Blech. I was not cut out for this. I am no workaholic. If anything, I'm the opposite. I would soooo much rather slack off and not do stuff. But no, I actually do care about the paper I put out (notice how I say, "the paper I put out. Because really, it's pretty much the Kathleen Walker Show over at the Gazette. All Kathleen, all the time.) so therefore, I do waaaay too much to ensure that it's at least kind of decent.

Anyway. Enough complaining. I'll be ok. I just need to get through this afternoon, then I am sooo coming home and crashing on the couch, (quite possibly with some wine or another alcoholic beverege -- gin, for instance) and watching last night's taped episode of Gilmore Girls as well as several of the episodes that will be on the Season 2, Disc 2 that will arrive in the mail today. Gilmores, take me away to your fantasy world, wherein Lorelai can afford to buy what look to be $90 t-shirts and unlimited pairs of boots and really cute designer purses, not to mention takeout food every damn night, on her innkeeper's salary. And I might point out that she's rarely even AT the inn these days...and Rory. Rory of the equally cute clothes, boots, and purses, and she of the never ending $4 coffee in hand, she of NO JOB and full time school...but I digress. All that to say that it must be nice.

Ok, enough. I need to wrap this up and get to work before the tenor of this post gets any more negative...

No comments: