Saturday, February 18, 2006

I like weekends.

I don't really have much to say these days, I guess. There's not that much going on. I've been working an awful lot, between 45 and 50 hours per week, for the past month or so, and those 10-14 hour days leave me pretty well exhausted by the time I get home. Hence, the lack of posts other than "Helllp! Life sucks!" ones.

Today, however, has been a reasonably good Saturday. I slept till about 9:30, and then did a little cleaning up in the kitchen, then read the Chronicles of Narnia for a while. I've just been lounging around, which has been nice. Brett's on his way home from work right now, and he's going to stop and get pizza dough for us to make pizza with tonight. Hooray! I love pizza. We have a movie to watch, too, so it should be a good evening. .

We haven't really been seeing much of each other lately. I have Westbrook Council meetings Monday nights, he has class Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. So if we see each other during the week it's only after 10 p.m., usually.

Oh well. Only 84 days until he graduates. Yahoo!! I will be glad for him to be done with school, at least for now. I'm sure he'll go back and get his master's at some point, but not right away. We're both ready for a break from the scholarly lifestyle, as it were.

It's really windy this weekend. I kind of like it! We've had gusts of between 40 and 50 mph, so that's fun. It was so strong at a couple of points last night that it felt like it was shaking the house. Thankfully we didn't lose power while we were home -- although we came home from having a bit of a date night to find all of our clocks blinking. So I suppose it went out for a little while.

Anyway. Like I said, not much to say. I should go finish cleaning up some more in the kitchen, and then see if we need anything from the grocery store for our pizza tonight. I should also go put in a load of laundry or two, also. But I felt like I should make a post that wasn't full of stress and freaking-out-ness for a change...

No comments: