Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random thoughts for the day

-- I love my iPod. I would not be able to focus and finish the story I'm working on right now if I couldn't just put my music on (currently, it's a compilation of Team Strike Force songs) and block out the rest of the world.

-- Big things are happening in my life, exciting things. (NO, I am NOT pregnant, which is what several people have thought.) I can't really share specifics here yet, but I will as soon as I can. Probably about 3 weeks or so.

-- It's been really cool to be in touch with some old friends through MySpace. Hearing from people I had lost touch with has made me happy.

-- I have been reading a TON. Like a book every other day. I don't know why but it's great. I just read a really good Lord Peter Wimsey book -- Have His Carcase. Loved it. It's one of my favorite Lord Peter stories.

-- Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Maybe I'll go to the service at the Episcopal Cathedral if they have one in the evening, since Brett's going to be in class.

That's it. I have to get back to writing my last story of the day but I felt like I needed a break and I felt guilty for not updating in a long time...

I'll leave you with a photo I took last week in Portland of the sunset over Back Bay. It was so beautiful.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Well, the sunset is pretty, but I have to say that west coast sunsets are by far much better. That being said, you better come over here for a visit soon! Getting back in touch with you has been so wonderful and now I can't wait to see you...hopefully someday soon!

Joel + Sarah said...

I LOVE Lord Peter Wimsey! In fact Dorothy Sayers is my favorite mystery writer. Yay for Sayers. I really feel like she doesn't get the accolades she deserves.