Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"[I'm] positively unemployed"

"I'd like to thank you all for nothin' / I'd like to thank you all for nothin' at all / I'd like to thank you all for nothin' / Nothin' / Nothin' at all..."

I'M DONE! I am sitting at home, in my pajamas -- completely unemployed. It's wonderful.

It's also really, really strange, and really bittersweet to be done with the Gazette. It's been my baby for the past year. I am sorry to leave Gorham and Westbrook. I feel truly invested in those communities. It's weird; there were so many times I couldn't handle it anymore, that I just wanted to be done and gone. But now? It's sad! I'm going to miss all of the people I've met and interviewed and gotten to know. If you're reading this and you are one of those people, thank you for trusting me with your reputation and your words. I hope I did them justice. I will miss having that privilege.

So I guess it's on to bigger and better things from here on out.

I leave for Seattle tomorrow, so the blog will probably go dark for a week or so, unless I can grab a few seconds to update from there.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy my unemployment! Yahoo!

2 comments:

C said...

WOO HOO for unemployment! I'll miss you while you're in Seattle, but I hope you have a wonderful time and come back with a lease on a great apartment!

Don't go down any one-way streets!

rebecca said...

My dear Kathleenie,

Let me know how your trip goes and gosh I wish we could see each other as you're coming out WEST! :)

Keep me posted on what ends up happenin' with you guys in Seattle! :)