Friday, May 19, 2006

Meh.

Just a warning: this is going to be whiny. It's late, I'm exhausted, I'm grumpy, and I hit my head really hard on the sloped ceiling in our guest bedroom tonight, so I am not at my best.

Ok, here we go.

I will be so glad when this whole moving adventure is over.

I feel like I have been going non-stop for a week, packing, organizing, throwing stuff away, running errands. Yet, at the same time, it feels like I'm not getting anythng done. It's as though the stuff that needs to be packed just keeps multiplying or something, and the list of phone calls I need to make just gets bigger, and the list of errands to run increases.

I've been trying to set goals, like: pack everything in this cabinet, or everything in that closet, or consolidate this to take to Goodwill and the recycling center. For the most part, that seems to be working ok. The problem is mostly that I'm essentially doing it alone, with a little help from Brett when he gets home from work in the evenings.

It would go so much faster with even one extra set of hands...but alas, I don't have two sets of hands and most of our friends seem to be busy this week. Which, fine, I get that people have lives and that helping someone else pack probably isn't how they want to spend their spare time, it's just that it's tough to be doing this with little help, especially knowing that we have multiple offers for help on the Seattle end of things, and none on this end.

If I could, I would fast-forward until this packing up portion of moving were over and we were on the road already, on our way to the moped bbq, ultimately on our way home. The road trip part of moving is kind of fun: being in the car, seeing new places, hanging out with Brett, listening to good music...that part, I like.

This part? Going through all of our stuff, packing, throwing away, living in a state of chaos...this part I don't like.

I guess I should stop complaining. Overall, even though it's getting increasingly hard to be motivated, it's going pretty well, and I'm making good progress.

I took this picture earlier tonight. (There are more boxes there now.) So anyway, welcome to my chaos.


Only four more days, and we can load the truck up and have this part of the move be OVER. Thank goodness!

No comments: