Saturday, July 08, 2006

There's a lot I could tell here: about our trip down to Portland last weekend, about hanging out with our friends Steve, Carmen and Giles over the Fourth, about our temp jobs, about all the books I've been reading, about the amazing moped rides we've been going on...

All of that is to say that I feel like I've been so busy just living life the past few weeks that I haven't really updated much. There's a lot I want to say, but I haven't found the time to sit down and write about it.

Anyway...I suppose that will come soon, once we're back from France and I'm working my permanent job.

Speaking of France, we leave THIS WEEK!!! I'm so excited. After some drama with our passports (which, $284 later, is now resolved), we are now getting ready to go. I leave on Wednesday evening, and Brett leaves Thursday morning. We'll be there just in time for Bastille Day, which it looks like we'll be spending in Deauville, a resort town on the Normandy coast. Fun!

I am so looking forward to having Brett experience French culture. He's never been out of the country, with the exception of a few trips to Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia, so this will be a whole new world for him, one I know he'll love.

I know I'm looking forward to sharing certain experiences with him: walking through cities, buildings, and churches built when North America hadn't yet been discovered, eating pastries (tarte au citron is my favorite; I know he'll love the pain au chocolat) and drinking thick, syrupy espresso, swimming in La Manche (The English Channel), exploring Mont St. Michel, and visiting Paris.

It's going to be great.

But for now, I need to get busy with doing laundry and figuring out what to pack, which is kind of a daunting task. I haven't given it much thought, which is out of character for me...usually, I plan ahead for weeks with regard to packing. This time, though, I just haven't really thought much about it. I guess I need to get on that.

I should wrap this up -- Brett's sisters, Rachel and Amy, are on their way up to visit for the weekend. They should be here any minute. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them; with the exception of last weekend, we hadn't seen either of them in nearly a year. So it should be a good time, hanging out with them this weekend.

Anyway -- watch this space while I'm in France. I'll do my best to post more regularly while I'm there, with photos and written descriptions...

So -- a bientot, mes amis! La prochaine fois que j'ecrire ici, je serais en france!

6 comments:

C said...

Soooooo very jealous of you and the trip! Can't wait to turn green with envy when you post stories and pics!

Andy said...

Wow, this week? How did that happen so fast? I hope you guys have the best time! Take tons of pics and try to email or post while you are gone - I can't wait to hear about it and you haven't even left yet!

Kris said...

Enjoy France! I can't wait to read about it here.

Miss ya!

Bree said...

Hey Leen, I hope that you don't have the same problem as the last time you packed for France. Perhaps this would be a good time to remind Brett that you should never put regular dish soap in a dishwasher. Although I don't imagine you will have your bag sitting right under the dishwasher even if that does happen! What fun memories!

Tiffany said...

Oh so jealous!! Have a safe trip and I love the new template!

Joel said...

so bummed that we will miss you in Seattle! Have an amazing time. I know you will. Hope to see you someday soon!