Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Home again.

How can I even begin to condense my month-long trip into a blog post or two? How can I choose which photos to post from among the nearly 500 I took? How can I adequately convey the experience of being in French culture?

I don't know the answers to those questions right now. I'm exhausted (my flight from Heathrow to Seattle was canceled and I was re-routed through Atlanta, which added about 7 hours onto the day), jet-lagged, and I have a ton of stuff to get done today before I start my new job tomorrow.

For now, I'll just say that it was wonderful. I loved being in France, and as happy as I am to be back home in Seattle, I have to admit that I miss France today. I miss the buildings, the language, the pain au chocolat...

I guess I'll just content myself with the thought that I will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later, and I'll leave you with one of many great photos.

1 comment:

Joel + Sarah said...

Sorry we missed you in Seattle! Looks like you had a wonderful French time though so I'm glad.

Hope all's well :-)