Thursday, September 21, 2006

Meh.

You know that saying your mom always told you? The one that goes, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Yeah. That one.

Well, that's pretty much why I haven't been posting here lately. I've been feeling pretty meh, as we call it around our house. (Meh is one of my favorite words. Brett and I, depending on the inflection and tone, can use meh to express indifference, grumpiness, frustration, or even anger.) It's been a rough few weeks, and Lord knows I have used up my sharing-my-grumpiness-with-the-entire-world quota for the year. So I just haven't been posting.

I've started like eleventy-jillion (translation: five) posts, none of which I've finished (Obviously.) because, well, meh.

Anyway.

I'm just grumpy. And I hate it. I snapped at a ton of people (co-workers) (Brett) (my mom) today; I just didn't have the patience to deal with them. I felt like screaming, "BITE ME!" to the world and going and hiding. But, unfortunately, I am a (somewhat) mature grownup, so I just sucked it up and dealt with it.

I have to say that the day ended better than it began -- sort of. After work, we all went to The Garage for a happy hour celebration because some people were promoted. Two pints of Mac & Jack's, and one strike and two spares later, I was a much happier camper.

But then the "sort of" part comes in: I had to come home and say goodbye to my Brett, who is now on his way to San Francisco for the weekend, to go to a moped rally. I hate it when he's out of town...I feel all lonely and sad. Ah, well, that's ok. I'll get over it, and he'll be back sometime on Monday, so that is good. I am just going to try to have a fun weekend hanging out with girlfriends, having some alone time, and trying to study the Bible some. It should be nice.

So anyway. Not much more to say. It's late, and I'm tired, and our freaking apartment has no freaking hot water AGAIN (this happened right after I got home from France) so I have to go into work early to take a shower in the fitness room there. Gah. So irritating. I have no idea why the water isn't hot, either. It's just...not. I checked the circuit breaker in our apartment as well as the master hot water heater one in the basement. Nothing. Grrrr! I hate cold showers.

Yeah. So see, there's that whole griping thing again, which I said I was going to try to curb.

Ok, my bed is calling me for reals. I will try to post more regularly in the weeks to come...

No comments: