Saturday, October 28, 2006

*AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH*

That title? Yeah, that's me, screaming.

I think. I am going. To lose it.

The people upstairs are so effing loud right now; the baby is just screaming and the mom is yelling and there is thumping and bumping and banging.

Brett still doesn't have a job after being here for five months.

Consequently, we have no money.

I have no baking soda to make the cake I want to make and no money to go buy any.

For some reason, Brett hasn't slept in two nights. I'm worried about him.

And, on top of it all, Brett just called to say his moped seized up and he is stranded in West Seattle. No one is around who can go pick him up, and now he has no form of transportation and we have no money to fix his bike.

I think I'll go cry.

*edited to add* I did not, in fact, go cry, although I seriously thought about it. Brett made it home a little while later. He was, thankfully, able to get in touch with a friend who went and picked him up. His bike does need some work before it can be ridden again, unfortunately, but it's not as bad as it could have been, even if it will mean spending money we don't really have.

We actually had a great evening at our friend Bree's Happy Fall to one and all party, where I laughed so hard I thought I was going to choke...but that was only because everyone had dared me to stick an entire popcorn ball in my mouth, and I actually tried it, which was completely absurd. (No, I hadn't even had anything to drink -- I'm just that weird.) It was hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Follow that up with a lovely, chilly, fall-y, leafy walk home with Brett, and you've got yourself a good evening. Now I am going to go to bed and read and knit...a better end than beginning to the day, that's for sure.

3 comments:

C said...

Oh honey! I hope Brett made it home a long time before I read this! I'll call tomorrow, okay?

Kris said...

Praying for you and truly knowing how you feel!

Joel + Sarah said...

I'm sorry Kathleen. Sometimes money's such a bother.

You'll make it, don't worry!

Sarah