Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Favorite Things #2: Taste

I have many, many favorite tastes, for I like food -- a lot. Indian food, Thai food, Italian food, anything potato-related...mmm. Count. Me. In. Food? Is gooood.

But I have to say that I think my favorite taste in the world is a genuine French pain au chocolat.

In France, these tasty, buttery, slightly salty treats, filled with dark, bitter chocolate, usually cost less than a Euro. Less than a Euro!!! Here in the US, to get a good pain au chocolat, it's around $3, unfortunately.

I have extremely fond memories of eating multiple pain au chocolats per day while I was in France this summer. They are so tasty, and so good. I hope I live in France someday, if for no other reason than to be able to eat a freshly-made pain au chocolat every single day.

2 comments:

Bree said...

We should meet up at Besalu one of these days to enjoy a Pain au Chocolat. They have the best pastries!

Isabel said...

This is also one of my very favorite things in the world. And not matter what, the Americans can NOT make them like the French can.