Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Favorite Things #3 -- Touch

Ok, I mean this in a (mostly) innocent way, if you get my drift. But my absolutely favorite touch is snuggling with my husband, Brett.


Before we were dating (back in the days before I had a boyfriend) (yes, Brett is the first -- and only -- guy I've ever been with) ... anyway, before we were dating, I would lie in bed at night and in my fantasy-filled high school mind, imagine what it would be like to snuggle with a man. I thought of how cozy it would be, how secure it would feel.

I didn't know the half of it.

Snuggling with Brett is the best feeling in the entire world. I feel warm, safe, loved, connected to this other person, my best friend, my husband. He's soft, and warm, and sweet, and furry.

Sometimes, we have snuggle weekends -- we will clear our schedule, and buy all kinds of junk food and rent tons of movies, and then we'll just spend the whole weekend with each other, snuggling and eating and watching movies in bed. It sounds boring to some, I'm sure, but to me, it is the best thing ever.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

this is the sweetest post, kathleen. snuggle weekends sound delightful to me. oh, i cannot wait to be married!

Isabel said...

What a beautiful post. I love it.