Saturday, April 21, 2007

i've been tagged!

Lisa tagged both C and me for Kissy's movie meme. Yay, memes!

5 favorite movies (In no particular order)
1. American Splendor
2. Say Anything
3. The Big Lebowski
4. Kill Bill (both volumes)
5. Amelie

4 favorite movie actors
1. John C. Reilly
2. Phillip Seymour Hoffman
3. Jake Gyllenhaal (I gotta include one hot guy on the list!)
4. William H. Macy

3 favorite movie quotes
1. From Say Anything (although it is nearly impossible to pick simply one quote from this movie. It has to be one of the most quotable movies of all time.)
Lloyd Dobler: Hey my brother, can I borrow a copy of your "Hey Soul Classics"?
J-Man: No, my brother, you have to go buy your own.

2. From The Big Lebowski (although, again -- so hard to pick just one quote from this movie) The Dude: Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

3. From American Splendor (Ok, I know this is a long exchange, but I laughed so hard in the theater because of the whole lentils/Lent thing that people started looking at me funny. I know; I'm weird.)
Toby: Hi, Harvey. You want these gourmet jelly beans? I gave up sweets for Lent.
Harvey: Yeah, sure, I'll take em.
Toby: I recommend the Pina Coladas. They're excellent, and very authentic-tasting.
Harvey [chewing a jelly bean]: It's...it's watermelon. That's pretty good, Tobe.
Toby: Wait till you try the Pina Coladas.
Harvey: Hey, Tobe, tell me somethin. Can you eat, uh, lentils during Lent?
Toby: Sure, I don't see why not. You can't eat meat on certain days, but lentils should be acceptable anytime.
Harvey: Yeah...You think there's any connection between lentils and Lent?
Toby: I don't think so, but I'll ask Sister Mary Fred at church on Sunday.
Harvey: Sister Mary Fred, huh. She cute? Sounds kinda mannish, but who the hell am I to be picky?
Toby: Harvey, you're funny. She's a NUN.

2 favorite movie actresses
1. Julianne Moore
2. I don't know...I guess Audrey Tatou

And 1 favorite movie memory
1. This is hard. Hmmm. Probably going with my mom to see The Fellowship of the Ring. She had first read the books back in the late 60s / early 70s, and had since read them multiple times. I had just finished reading the books for the first time, and I loved them. We were the first people in line for the first showing of Fellowship. It was great. They opened the doors and we ran down the hallway with this huge crowd of people running behind us. We got the perfect seats -- the ones in the second row of stadium seating, with the bar in front of them -- you're elevated, but no one is in front of you. It was so worth it: we both gasped when Gandalf's wagon crests the road and you can see the Shire, with Bag End and the Party Tree and Bagshot Row laid out before him. It was exactly as we had imagined.

Ok, I tag Isabel and Sara.

2 comments:

sara fincher said...

i'm a moron, but what do the tags mean?

Erin O'Brien said...

The Big Lebowski: it's not just for breakfast anymore.