Saturday, June 02, 2007

update

I know, it's been a couple of weeks. After Rachel's visit, Brett left for Kalamazoo and the moped rally, and I went down to Portland for a week to visit my family and to see my brother and his wife and kids, who were in Portland from Oklahoma, which was a total treat. So, suffice it to say, I've been busy.

I have a couple posts in the works that I'll try to get out this week.

But for now, if I could ask for some prayers -- my sister was admitted to the hospital today with meningitis. She woke up my mom at 4 a.m. with a headache so bad she couldn't stand up, and they spent all day at the ER until the doctors finally made the decision to admit her around 2 or 3 this afternoon. If you could pray for the following, I'd appreciate it.
  • My sister, that her pain is eased and that she suffers no long-term effects
  • My sister's kids, that care can be found for them this week as my sister will be in no condition to take care of them and they may not be able to go to daycare or school since they've been exposed
  • My mom, that she would be able to take care of my sister and the kids and also get her work done at her job, as this is the busiest week of her month and she was planning on working all weekend and working 10-12 hour days this week just to get her work done
  • Me, my brother, his wife, their kids, my sister's kids, and my mom, that we would not get meningitis even though we all may have been exposed
Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you posted. I'm probably going to call my mom for an update soon...this is some scary stuff.

**Edited at 8:10 p.m. to add: I just talked with Brett's mom and sister. They said they'd be more than happy to help with childcare this week...so that is a blessing and an answer to one prayer. Also, my mom just went back up to the hospital and said that my sister has been sleeping, which is a good thing too.

No comments: