Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Four Years

Dear Brett,

It's hard for me to believe we have been married for four years already. It seems like our wedding day was just yesterday, and yet at the same time, it's hard for me to imagine a time when we weren't married and I didn't get to spend my days and nights with you.

I think back to that wonderful day and only remember snippets. The sense of anticipation and excitement I felt all day long, the joy I felt at seeing you at the end of the aisle, the feeling that our lives were just beginning and we were on the cusp of something great. Taking photos outside of the ballroom as people honked going by. Dancing with you (and then, not dancing). And my favorite part, the limo ride to the hotel, where we got to actually talk for the first time in days and recap the wedding and the preceding week.

The past four years have been a mix of really difficult times and really great times. As hard as it was to live in Maine -- hard on our relationship, our finances, etc -- I am glad we did it. Looking back, I know that we are stronger for it. And now, being home in Seattle is such a joy. Going on walks together, eating good food, enjoying this city with you is something I love to experience.

In a lot of ways, the past year has been the hardest year, and also one of the best, since it's caused me to feel closer to you than I have in probably our entire eight-year relationship.

Being married to you is sometimes wonderful, sometimes frustrating, but overall it's a fantastic blessing. I am so thankful that I have you in my life. Thank you for loving me and for taking care of me. You're the best. I am looking forward to this new chapter in our lives with anticipation and fear, but with the knowledge that we can do it together.

Happy Anniversary, my bear. I love you.

Love,
Leen

3 comments:

Brett said...

mmmwwwhhhhhhhaaaaannnnnnsss bear wife!!!!


I love you!!! thanks for being the best wife ever, I am so lucky to have you and look forward to all the snuggle times ahead!!!!!!

Rachel said...

You are a beatiful couple!

Isabel said...

What a sweet post. And that picture is too cute.

Happy Anniversary. Here's to many, many more!