Sunday, August 12, 2007

I don't want to complain...

...but, well, I'm going to complain.

I'm so tired of being sick. I had another huge, huge, two-and-a-half-hour-long bout of throwing up this morning. I won't get too graphic but I'll just say that it left my throat so raw that it was bleeding, not to mention that swallowing still hurts. Plus I have broken capillaries in my face from all the throwing up. (And this was after taking Zofran, the supposed anti-nausea wonder drug.)

I'm tired of having nothing sound good to me, food-wise. I like food. A lot. Usually to the point where I'd rather be a little overweight than stop eating what I enjoy. But these days, pretty much all food sounds gross. Even when I'm hungry, I often can't think of one single thing that sounds good to me, let alone one thing that I think I can eat without throwing up.

I feel like I shouldn't complain too much, that I'm lucky to be pregnant, even if I am so sick. And I am lucky, and I am grateful. Don't get me wrong. But dammit, this sucks. I expected there to be unpleasant parts of pregnancy (um, hemorrhoids, anyone?) but this has gone beyond the mere unpleasant and has ventured into the downright miserable.

Anyway. I have a doctor's appointment Tuesday and I'll definitely be describing this morning's, um, unpleasantness in all its graphic glory. I hope there's something the doctors can do or I can do. I really don't know how I'll cope if she just tells me they've done all they can and this is just how it is. I accepted that when I was still in my first trimester, but I'm 17 weeks along; this should be abating now. *sigh* It would be just my luck to have this last the entire 40 weeks...

4 comments:

J + S said...

I feel for you. Perhaps the doctor will prescribe something to help, I know others whose pregnancies were horrible until their hormones were balanced out. Hang in there darling!

Sarah

Kris said...

I know what you're going through... I had seven months of throwing up and lots of days where I couldn't stop and ended up in the hospital for an iv (those drugs are nice). I hope they can tell you something that will work. *HUG*

Isabel said...

All I can say is that I'm so sorry. So very sorry.

Here's hoping the doctor will be able to offer you something, anything, to make you feel better.

Erica said...

Hi Kathleen! I found you on mopedarmy. It was super to meet you at Blood Drive V. Call me if you ever come to Portland. And P.S. Your baby is due on my birthday.

Erica
ericaerica@mac.com