Thursday, October 25, 2007

husbands: how not to react to your pregnant wife

At the top of the list of things not to say to your pregnant wife as she is putting on her pajamas:

"Heh. You look really funny right now," followed by uncontrolled laughter.

Next on the list of reactions not to have when your pregnant wife looks hurt and asks you why:

"Well your belly is huge and your pants are all pulled up over it [laughter] and you just look hilarious and adorable," followed by uncontrolled laughter.

And finally, on the list of reactions not to have when your pregnant wife loses her ever-diminishing patience and grabs her shirt, hikes it over her belly (revealing the entire giant lump in the process), and says heatedly, "Well, it's either up HERE [pulls pants further up over belly] or down HERE [pulls pants down under belly]. I don't exactly have a MIDDLE right now!":

Uncontrolled laughter.

3 comments:

C said...

Aaaand this is why I started changing in the bathroom (with the door closed) after a certain point in my pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

And if you think changing into regular pjs in frong of your husband is bad...don't even try going to the maternity store and trying on swim suits. I made the mistake of doing that and Dustin laughed so hard he probably wet his pants...it was very very humiliating. Needless to say, we left the store without buying anything. (from annie)

Kris said...

Well, dear husband never did that to me, but my father-in-law told me I was getting really fat one day in about my eighth month. He said it right as I walked in the door to visit them. I wanted to go home!