Saturday, November 17, 2007

lazy, wonderful Saturday

We've had a really nice, mostly pretty lazy day.

All weekends, in my opinion, should be like today -- a perfect mix of relaxing and doing chores. We slept in, watched several episodes of the last season of the Sopranos (only two more episodes to go!), I cleaned the kitchen, we walked to the coffee shop down the street, had coffee and read, walked home, did some more work around the house, did some laundry, made dinner, I made a cake, and now we are going to go back upstairs and watch the other two episodes of the Sopranos.

I love spending days like this with Brett. We haven't done anything special, but we've had a good time all the same. In fact, there's no one else with whom I'd rather spend a day like today.

~~~~~~~~

Oh! I forgot to mention that I got the results of the three-hour glucose test back yesterday. I passed! HOORAY! I am really relieved. I was pretty sure I would pass, but there was always that nagging doubt in the back of my mind that I might not.

~~~~~~~~

I'm starting to compile a mental list of things we need for the baby and things we need to do before the baby is born. It's inspired by Frema, who is only a couple of weeks away from her due date and has completed nearly everything on her big to-do list. I hope I can whittle away at my list and get it all taken care of as efficiently as she has!

Here's what I've got so far, in no particular order:

-- Find out how to add the baby to my health insurance and if there is a way to do this before He/She is born
-- Find out how to add the baby as a beneficiary on our life insurance policies, IRAs, and on my 401k, and if there is a way to do this before He/She is born
-- Decide how much to set aside in flexible spending for 2008
-- Talk to my boss/HR about the logistics of taking my FMLA leave
-- Find out what FMLA benefits, if any, Brett is eligible for
-- Confirm our childcare for when I go back to work
-- Renew our renters' insurance
-- Interview and select a pediatrician
-- Pre-register at the hospital
-- Draft some kind of loose birth plan outline
-- Re-activate contributions to our Roth IRAs
-- Start a savings account or 529 for the baby
-- Decide on a girl name
-- Finally finish becoming members at Mars Hill
-- Look into purchasing or borrowing:
-- Cloth diapers / re-usable baby wipes
-- Breastfeeding accessories (pump parts, bottles, etc)
-- More clothes
-- Infant insert for Ergo carrier
-- Another carrier: a sling or perhaps a Moby Wrap

I'm sure I'll add to this list over the next couple of months, but I'm pretty confident I can take care of most of these items easily before the baby is born.

No comments: