Monday, November 12, 2007

open letter and random belly shot

Dear Child,

Please get out of my ribcage. It hurts when you're all squished up in there.

Also, I love feeling your different appendages when you move around. It's weird, but super cool. And your dad and I are sorry in advance if all our poking and prodding of you when you are moving is hurty or annoying...we just love feeling you in there!

Love,
Mama

~~~~~~~~~

So, do you ever see a picture of yourself and think, not without a tinge of surprise and embarassment, "Oh, my God, I look like that?!"

That's what I thought when I saw this photo, which our friend Joel took at the barista competition this weekend. Somehow, seeing a candid photo is way different than looking in a mirror at this point...I had no idea how much you can see my belly button. I think I need to start taping over it or something. (And I'm cracking up at our friend Dean behind me, who seems to be checking out my butt...)

30 weeks, 1 day

It's not that I'm complaining about how I look, necessarily. It's more that it is just startling to realize I'm that huge, and that I'm going to get even bigger before this is all over. I don't think of myself as being that pregnant...and then all of the sudden I get a glimpse of myself somewhere and I think, "WOAH. My belly is giant."

2 comments:

C said...

You look GREAT, and I feel your pain on the ribcage thing. My right side is still sore from Luke's constant kicking.

Kris said...

yeah... it's kinda like that...