Friday, November 09, 2007

quickly

The test was long and icky this morning, but really, it wasn't that bad. I did get to sit and read for about three-and-a-half hours, so that is cool. I should hear early next week...

In other news, it's all chaos here tonight as Brett gets ready for the competition tomorrow. His co-worker Maki went today, and she was fabulous.

The competition is being live-blogged, so if you want to check it out as it unfolds, go here. Brett is scheduled to go on around 2:30 tomorrow. He's getting really excited and after watching several people today, feels very confident in himself that he'll do a great job.

I know this is short but I have a TON of laundry to do tonight, as I volunteered to wash and iron all of the table linens, towels, etc that Brett will be using tomorrow, not to mention the clothes he'll be wearing. That means I have a lot of work to do, not to mention the fact that there is a big party tonight at Zoka for the competitors, trade show attendees, etc. So I have got to get ready to go to that as well -- eat something, do my makeup and hair, and try to find something to wear that makes me feel remotely sexy and not just, well, huge and very, very round.

I will leave you with this. It's part of the posters/t-shirts/promo materials for the competition. It was all designed by Brett's co-worker Nikki at Zoka. As you can see, Brett was her inspiration for this portion of it, right down to the beard, the hat, and the pink converse. She said it's not an exact replica of Brett, but the resemblance is definitely there. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: