Monday, December 17, 2007

back to where it all began, and also, ginormous? you decide.

Brett's sister Rachel and his Aunt Melissa came up this weekend to bring us Rachel's car to use until the baby is born. As much as I normally love not having a car (but that's the topic for another post entirely) I have to admit I'm pretty glad we'll have one for the next month or so. Hauling my butt to the bus every day is getting old.

Rachel's car used to be their Grandma Pat's car back in the day. Brett borrowed it to take me on our first date, almost nine years ago, and it's the scene of our first kiss. A little strange to think we'll be bringing our baby home in the very vehicle where our entire relationship started so many years ago! I think it's kind of cool, actually!

Anyway, while Rachel was here, she took a belly photo of me. And guess what?! It's not in a bathroom! Yay! :p Except I totally have hat hair because I was wearing my wool hat all day since it was cold...oh well...I'm convinced I won't ever have a nice belly photo.

So here I am at 35 weeks, 1 day. You decide -- do I really look all that ginormous for 35 weeks? I feel ginormous, but I don't really have anything against which I can gauge my size.

35 weeks, 1 day

3 comments:

Isabel said...

Hooray for having a car for this little bit. I'm sure it will come in handy.

Also, while your belly is huge, the rest of you in tiny!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen

I am 33 weeks pregnant and have the biggest belly known to womankind (at least I seem to think so). its my first baby and at his last scan 2.5 weeks ago, he was off the ritcher scale (that's what I call it) and 4lb. All the medics say he is big and I have little bitty fibroids who don't bother me.
Up until last week I was really scared and nervy because I thought my baby was huge and was going to be difficult to deliver. I am calming down now. I am learning to trust God more and more. All the best and Merry christmas!

Rosy

C said...

Yup, huge, but in a very cute pregnant way.

:-)