Wednesday, December 05, 2007

worth reading

Brett saw this article about stillbirth and infant loss in the Portland paper over the weekend. He brought it home for me to read, and I wept when I read it last night. That's pretty rare for me; sometimes I'll tear up a bit when reading something, but this was full-on, sniffly, snotty, tears running down my face kind of weeping.

The author captures the family's story very clearly and highlights the emotion of losing a baby so accurately. I think that is what struck me most about this story.

Anyway, it's a tear-jerker, and was a bit scary for me to read as I approach this baby's due date, since I hadn't really considered the idea of stillbirth and now it's definitely on my mind, but I think it's worth reading.

Here's the link again: http://www.oregonlive.com/special/baby/index.ssf?/special/baby/content/2-days.html

2 comments:

Isabel said...

What a beautiful, beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Isabel said...

Also, did you watch the video about it on the website? It's also very awesome.