Friday, January 11, 2008

39 weeks

I'm 39 weeks today, and at my appointment this afternoon, was "almost two" centimeters dilated and about 90% effaced, according to my doctor. The baby is at -2 station and my belly is measuring 42 cm/weeks.

So yeah. That's the update. I have a grotesquely huge belly, I'm tired as can be, grumpy, sore, and soooo ready to not have heartburn anymore.

Otherwise, I don't have much to say -- hopefully I will have a baby soon.

Brett's calling me from upstairs; I think he wants me to come watch a movie with him. If I'm going to be able to stay awake at all, we'd better get started...

8 comments:

Andy said...

I can't believe you are SO close!! Though I do know how these last days can feel like an eternity. You are going to meet your new one so soon! I know it's cliche, but get rest. Really, you will need it :)

Kris said...

You're getting there. I know how those doctor's visits can be disappointing. Two days before I had Ry I was only a one cm dilated and 75% effaced. I think it's a guessing game. We're praying baby comes soon.

C said...

The last days of pregnancy suck more than morning sickness, round ligament pain, and food aversions put together. Fingers and toes are crossed that labor is just around the corner!

Katy said...

I've been thinking about you! I hope that little one of yours gets a move on soon...you poor thing!

andbabybmakesthree said...

You're almost there!! At any point now, this could be your last post before The Baby arrives. :) So exciting!

D

Rachel said...

Good luck over the next few days.

Isabel said...

Good luck. And don't forget to keep us posted.

Isabel said...

Rumor has it Kathleen had her sweet baby on Monday.

(Thanks for the update e-mail Brett!)