Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a quick photo post

Because I know her aunties and uncles and grandmas and grandpas and cousins and other relatives, at least, would love to see some more photos of her, and I haven't had time to finish the post about her name.

First bath! She actually really liked her bath, and didn't start crying until we took her out at the end to dry her off; I think she was cold by that point.

Papa videotaping while Mama bathes

Angry because she is cold

Soothed by Papa's magic finger. I think this may be one of my favorite pictures of her, simply because I feel like it captures what I think she looks like better than any others. I love the look on her face when she's been upset and finally gets to suck on something, whether it be on my breast or on someone's finger. She just looks so concerned, like she was afraid she'd never get to suck on anything again, and content that she is finally sucking on something.

Almost the same size as the cat

"Hi, my name is Elanor, and I am adorable. What's your name?"

"Don't mess with me; I have wild hair and an expression to match!"

Our week on our own is going well. She is totally asleep in the Ergo carrier now, which I like, because I can lean down and kiss her little head very easily. It's quite nice!

I had my two-week c-section follow-up appointment (geesh, enough hyphens?) yesterday. All is well; I am cleared to drive. Hooray!

I think I am actually going to go out for the first time without Elanor in a little bit; I need to run some errands, like going to the post office to buy more stamps for my many thank-you notes, and going to Kinko's to fax my short-term disability paperwork, and going to the pharmacy to get cream for my oh-so-sore breasts, and possibly going to the kids' consignment shop down in Ballard to see if they have a couple of things we need.

It's daunting to think that I'll be without her for an hour or two...I know she'll be fine with Brett but I have loved having her with me and next to me constantly over the past two weeks. For instance, it's really reassuring right now to feel her warm little body all curled up against my torso and to hear her little sounds and her breathing. I love it.

I'd better get going if I'm going to get back before she needs to eat...

8 comments:

Xin Lei said...

Yay, I've been wanting to see pics with Elanor's eyes open....oh, she is SO cute :). How do you like the Ergo with the infant insert? Is it easy to use? I have an Ergo, but not the insert.

C said...

Luke says "ah gah" which translates to "Elanor is adorable and I want her to be my girlfriend."

Andy said...

She is so beautiful!

Kris said...

I love the photo updates. We wish we could visit, but, of course, are too far away. So thanks for the photos! It's sometimes hard to think I'll be feeling some of those same things you're feeling in just a few more months.

Isabel said...

I still love the feel of my son next to me...and he's almost two. I that feeling never goes away.

And dude, she's beautiful.

Rachel said...

Evidently my previous comment didn't show up...

I agree with Luke, Elanor is adorable.

As far as getting cold at bathtime, I have found putting a warm washcloth over LG's belly does the trick. I change out the washclothes frequently and now he seems to love bathtime.

Katy said...

She is SO CUTE Kathleen!!!

Kyt said...

She is beautiful!!!