Friday, January 25, 2008

a small victory, and some bonus photos

So, ok, please don't hate me, but for the past two days, I have worn my pre-pregnancy jeans.

Are they uncomfortable? You bet.

Do I have a muffin top? Of course.

Are they two sizes bigger than my ideal? Oh, yes.

But they are, as I've been calling them, real people clothes, with a zipper and buttons and everything, and that feels so good. We went to Target tonight and I couldn't stop looking at all of the cute spring-y clothes, the swishy skirts (my big clothing weakness) and all of the comfy shirts. I didn't buy any of them (nursing bras took priority, unfortunately), but man, was I tempted.

(So what if I'm still wearing mostly maternity shirts, right? They hide my muffin top, and for the most part, they're the only ones that have easy access through the top for nursing.)

I'm working on a post about Elanor's name, and why we chose it. Hopefully it will be done in the next few days. We'll be on our own after Brett's mom leaves on Sunday, so we will see how much Internet time I get after that, when there is no one here to hold the baby.

I'll leave you with a couple of photos. The first one is Elanor's official one week photo. She was not so cooperative, to say the least! The only one we have in which she isn't screaming, she is spitting up. Yeah, not so much.

The other two are from Tuesday night. We went for a walk to the park about two blocks away, which has a view of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. The sun was setting and it was just beautiful.

One week old

Elanor and her papa

Elanor and her mama

4 comments:

Katy said...

What a cutie! Oh man...how I miss pre-pregnancy clothes.

Kim said...

Do not hesitate to call me if you need anything at all!

-Kim

Kyt said...

No apology necessary! She is beautiful Leen.

Isabel said...

This is a beautiful post. I cried when I saw the pictures of you holding YOUR BABY.

(When are you meeting me for lunch? I must snuggle her!)