Thursday, April 24, 2008

like a ton of bricks

Exhaustion: 1
Kathleen: 0

I give up. Exhaustion wins. (Well, this round, anyway.)

I'm more exhausted right now than I have been in a very long time -- or at least since I was pregnant. It's like everything caught up with me today: being back at work, not having had more than about four consecutive hours of sleep for probably about a six months between being pregnant and having a newborn, and the fact that Elanor hasn't slept well for the past several nights.

It doesn't help either that Brett is getting ready to compete in another barista competition, so he's been leaving for work around 6 a.m. and not getting home until 9 p.m. I'm happy for him that he gets to compete but I can say with all honesty that I will be so very glad when this competition is over and we can just work on establishing a routine that doesn't include having dinner at 9:15 p.m., going to bed at midnight, and getting up at 5:30.

I am having serious trouble functioning...I really hope I can catch a break soon and get some sleep or I might just fall over. Yeah, right...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sorry you are worn out. Wish I had some tips!

BTW, I checked out your other blog, that is pretty cool. I envy you living in a big city with reliable transportation. We don't have that here.

Xin Lei said...

Ohh, I remember hitting that exhaustion wall too! Just like you, it came right after I went back to work. COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE...that's the only way I survived :).

Kris said...

I am also sorry you are exhausted! I give the coffee tip, too. Any chance of a nap during lunch at work?

Good luck.

C said...

You know all too well how much I can empathize with this! I hope this weekend you get some much-needed rest!