Friday, October 10, 2008

place your bets...

Elanor has always been, well, big for her age.

Even when I was pregnant, we knew she was big.

She has her nine-month checkup this afternoon (even though her nine-month birthday isn't until Tuesday...but that's a long story) and one of the things I'm most curious about is what she weighs and how tall she is.

I know a lot of our family and friends are curious, too, so in the spirit of friendly competition and curiosity, I'm going to give a special prize (yes, something real!) to the person who guesses the closest to what her actual weight and height are.

To make the most informed guess, you'll probably want to know previous stats, so here goes. I'm including pictures, roughly from around the time of her checkups, to give a visual as well.

When she was born, she weighed 9 pounds, 7 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.

At her first pediatrician visit when she was four days old, she had lost a little weight, but was a little longer: 8 pounds, 11 ounces and 20.5 inches long.

At her two week visit, she weighed 10 pounds, 8.5 ounces and was 21 inches long.

I can't find the little sheet from her two month visit, so I don't know what she weighed. I totally can't remember.

But at four months, she weighed 17 pounds, 5.5 ounces and was 26 inches long.

And at six months, she weighed 2o pounds, 2.5 ounces and was 26.75 inches long.

Here's her eight month photo, the most recent chair/pig one.

Here's a picture from last week. I know it's not in the chair with the pig but at least it gives you an idea of how big she is.

She's wearing a range of sizes, anywhere from 6-9 month stuff (although it's getting small) all the way up to 18-24 month stuff. The 12-18 month stuff tends to fit her pretty comfortably.

She seems so much bigger to me now than she was even at six months. It seems like she has grown a lot. But then again, at six months, I was expecting her to weigh closer to 25 pounds and she was clearly a lot less than that. However, she's always been solidly in the 95th percentile for both height and weight.

So, all of that said, what do you think? What are your guesses? I honestly have no idea. All I know is that she gets heavy awfully quickly these days when I try to carry her around.

Like I said, the winner will get a prize, probably a gift card to somewhere online! (Not for much, because I'm not rich, but it will be somewhere fun, I promise.) I'll announce the winner, let's see, how about Tuesday, her actual nine-month birthday?

Until then, comment away with your guess!

8 comments:

i am leah, said...

I don't have a guess, but, hi!!

Xin Lei said...

I'm going to guess around 25lbs. and 29.5inches...maybe even 30 inches. Wow...she's a big girl! Like we used to say of Fen...don't mess with her, she'll eat you for lunch (wink). Fen is only 2.5 years and I just put her into 4T clothes! K, who knew we'd both have ginormous children?!

Sara in Seattle said...

I'll guess 24 lbs, 7 oz. and 29-1/4". By the way, Grace has her 2-month checkup today, and I'm equally curious to see her height & weight, too!

kirida said...

I would say 26 pounds and 29 inches long. My son was such a chunker through the first year, he was always between 95 and off the charts in terms of weight.

andbabybmakesthree said...

I say 26 lb., 4 oz. and 30.5 inches tall!

Hope the appt went well!

D

Kris said...

Maybe my guess will be a litle low, but I did some strange calculations to come up with my answer. So, I say 24.5 lbs and 29 inches long.

Morgan Territory said...

Hi Kathleen!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a big girl. Go little Elanor!

My guess is 23.5 lbs and 29 inches. Morgan always weighs less than I think she will.

Meg

Melissa said...

ok Leen I Think she is 26.5 lbs and 28 inches long!