Wednesday, October 01, 2008

week in review, 10/1/08, and a special birthday shout-out

Thursday: At Fisherman's Terminal, while walking to pick up some things for my WAHM gig. Elanor laughs like crazy when I say "net shed" to her over and over again in a silly voice.


Friday: In the Ergo, munching on the camera strap, looking beautiful and luminous in the natural light from the dining room window.


Saturday: Walking to Fiore. The trees were glowing with the sunlight, and they looked very dramatic against the dark grey sky.


Sunday: Chopping tomatoes and putting them in cans.

Edited to add the following: So, I didn't really take any pics on Monday or Tuesday. Yeah. Lazy. But, in consolation, I'll post this.

Today is my nephew Zachary's eighth birthday. He's always been a fun and wonderful kid, and he's growing into a fun and wonderful young man.

It's hard to believe that this day was eight years ago. And yet, at the same time, it seems like it's been so much longer, like Zach has always been a part of our lives.

October 1, 2000: I'm holding Zachary on the morning he was born. He was so tiny!

December 2000: I'm pretty sure this was when I was home from college for Christmas. Can you see where Elanor gets her chunkiness? Ha.

July 26, 2008: This is the most recent pic I have of him, from when we were down in Portland this summer. He's the one in the back making the hammy face. From l-r is our friend Molly's son Carter, then Zach, then Zach's brother and sister, Jacob and Adeline.

So, happy birthday, Zach man. I'm so glad you were born and that I get to be your auntie. I love you!

1 comment:

sara said...

Wow! I can't believe Zach is 8 already....how time flies.