Wednesday, October 08, 2008

week in review, 10/8/08

Wednesday: A view of a train going under the overpass at Fisherman's Terminal while Elanor and I were walking. I love seeing the trains at the rail yard there and it was neat to stand right over it and watch it go along the tracks.

Thursday: On the Ballard Bridge. She fell asleep in her stroller while we were walking to do our errands after playgroup.

Friday: On our drive to Ellensburg. We stopped here so I could feed Elanor, and the sign just cracked me up for so many reasons. First of all, the turtle at the top -- awesome. Rachel, he's totally an awkward turtle. Second, the juxtaposition of words made me laugh -- beans, beer, gas. Food, ice, LP (what in the heck is LP?). Lotto, scratch, dog. (Why dog? WTF? Is this all some kind of random code language that I don't understand?)

Saturday: In the pool at the motel in Ellensburg. Elanor adores the water!

Sunday: Brett and Elanor in our motel room in Ellensburg, just as we were getting ready to leave.

Monday: Elanor trying peach cobbler for the first time. I bought a box of peaches in Ellensburg so I made a cobbler, which is a special dessert in my family. The recipe was my mom's grandma's, and it's a traditional dessert we've always enjoyed. Elanor certainly liked it!

Tuesday: Elanor and I went for a walk and the view from Sunset Hill Park was so beautiful. This picture really doesn't do it justice.

No comments: